May 20, 2015

I am one of the many people suffering Depression.

It attacks without fear. At any time. To anyone. You may be a superstar in movies, have flair on a football field. Or you may be like me. A member of the general public.

Depression has been in my life for at least 2 decades. But only diagnosed a few years ago.
One weekend I was at breaking point. I was in our lounge room, husband (at the time) was working away. All I did was got up and moved to the lounge room so I could watch TV. I didn't want to answer my phone. I could not answer the phone if anybody called. I was texting through tears. This wasn't me at all. And it was time to go to the doctor.

So, I did. And he prescribed tablets.

I was living in Tasmania at the time and they were just to get me over the hump until I moved back 'home'. I didn't want to see my usual doctor at home. I wasn't sure if he could handle it. Or what I had to say. So an amazing friend of mine got me into her doctor - he was supposed to be one of the best mental health GP's in my area.

Except he didn't really help. In the end, he yelled at me and told me that it wasnt the tablets that he prescribed that was making me worse. I didn't go back to him and I stopped taking those awful tablets. I did what you weren't supposed to do and stopped taking them. Thank goodness I did. I was basically a zombie all of the time.

But now, a few years down the track, I am seeing a wonderful GP who listens. Who is empathetic. He is a love and I am so grateful to have found him. Through another friend x

This isn't going to be a sugar coated place for writing. I am going to write exactly what is in my head. How I feel.

I'm hoping to post on a regular basis. But this may not happen.

Please read. Without judgement xx

Anon.



*** Please - If you need any help, contact Lifeline and visit Beyond Blue. You are NOT ALONE ***

2 comments: